Long Grain & Wild Rice with Mushrooms
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Rinse fresh produce.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine broth and rice. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat and allow to simmer until rice is cooked and broth is absorbed, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add butter and oil. Once butter has melted, add both mushrooms, celery, garlic, shallots, salt and pepper. Saute until mushrooms are softened, about 8 minutes.
- Add herbs and rice and saute until heated through, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Season additional salt and pepper and serve garnished with additional parsley, if desired.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Calories: 142, Total Fat: 3g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 5mg, Sodium: 137mg, Carbohydrates: 24g, Fiber: 2g, Sugars: 2g, Protein: 5g