Lentil Stuffed Peppers
Recipe derived from Canadian Lentils and featured on "Food in :60" Segment with Carrie Taylor, RDN, LDN and Andrea Luttrell, RDN, LDN.
Watch the recipe video here.
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse all fresh produce items under cold running water prior to prepping.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
4. In a pan, sauté onion, leek and thyme with butter until lightly golden.
5. Add mushrooms and cook until lightly brown. Add lentils and deglaze with wine. Remove from stove.
6. In a bowl, combine bread, sautéed lentil mixture, vegetable stock, salt and pepper.
7. In a separate bowl, toss peppers with oil to coat and lightly season with salt and pepper.
8. Stuff peppers with prepared mixture and bake 35 to 40 minutes, until peppers are tender and tops are golden.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!