Prep Time: 20 minutes + 3 hour marinate time
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Recipe and image courtesy of American Lamb Board. For more American Lamb recipes, visit their website.
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse all fresh produce under cold running water prior to prepping.
3. Start by cutting lamb into bite-sized cubes, trimming fat as you go. Wash hands after handling raw lamb.
4. For marinade, combine olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic, dill, salt and pepper. Reserve 1/2 cup for basting during grillling.
5. Toss lamb in remaining marinade. Marinate in the fridge for 3 hours, up to overnight.
6. When ready to cook, thread lamb onto wooden or metal skewers, alternating pieces of bell pepper and onion between lamb. Wash hands after handling raw lamb.
7. Cook on a grill that has been preheated to medium-high heat. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side, while brushing with the reserved marinade, and watch carefully to prevent overcooking.
8. Once lamb reaches an internal temperature of at least 145 degrees Fahrenheit with an instant-read cooking thermometer, remove from heat and allow to rest for at least 3 minutes.
9. To prepare Tzatziki Sauce, combine cucumber, yogurt, lemon juice and zest, dill, garlic, salt and pepper in a blender and blend until smooth. Serve with kabobs.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!