Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Cooking Time: Chill 30 Minutes, Cook 35 Minutes
Watch this recipe being prepared
April 2023 Dig In Recipe
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce.
3. In a medium bowl, combine butter, thyme, garlic, lemon zest and lemon juice; mix well.
4. Place chicken in a shallow dish and pour three-fourths of mixture over top; reserve remaining mixture. Season with salt and pepper, cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 30 minutes. Wash hands after handling raw chicken.
5. Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
6. Heat oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add chicken and discard used marinade. Cook for 5 minutes per side.
7. Add reserved mixture and place skillet in oven. Cook until the internal temperature of chicken reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit as verified with an instant-read food thermometer, about 25 minutes. Transfer to plate and let rest 5 minutes.
8. Serve with lemon wedges.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Calories 316, Total Fat 25 g, Saturated Fat 8 g, Cholesterol 117 mg, Sodium 345 mg, Carbohydrates 1 g, Fiber 0 g, Sugars 0 g, Protein 21 g