Featured in the Living Well Eating Smart newsletter issue #72 (July 13th – September 20th, 2017).
Recipe and image from DOLE.
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse all fresh produce items under cold running water prior to prepping.
3. Note: Remember to blend the mixture well at each step and clean the blender after you transfer the mixture to a bowl.
4. Green: Combine pineapple, ½ cup banana slices, matcha powder, spinach and 6 tablespoons milk in blender. Cover; blend until smooth. Transfer to a bowl.
5. Pink: Combine strawberries, ½ cup yogurt, ½ cup banana slices and 2 tablespoons milk in blender. Cover; blend until smooth, scraping down sides if necessary. Transfer to a bowl.
6. Yellow: Combine mango, ½ cup yogurt, ½ cup banana slices and 2 tablespoons milk in blender. Cover; blend until smooth. Transfer to a bowl.
7. Layer smoothie mixtures by spooning green mixture into glasses. Decorate inside glass with additional sliced strawberries. Spoon pink mixture on top and follow with a layer of yellow mixture. Garnish with granola and fruit, if desired.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, Visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition Facts Per Glass:
Total Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 2 mg
Sodium 75 mg
Carbohydrates 31 g
Fiber 4 g
Protein 8 g