1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse all fresh produce items under cold running water prior to prepping.
3. Cut chicken into 16 bite-sized chunks. Wash hands after handling raw chicken.
4. In a bowl, whisk together pineapple juice, vegetable oil, lime juice, lime zest, sugar, ginger and red pepper flakes until sugar dissolves.
5. Add chicken to marinade and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
6. Thread alternating pieces of chicken, pineapple and red pepper onto skewers. Discard remaining marinade.
7. Grill kabobs over medium-high heat for 10 to 12 minutes, turning every 3 to 4 minutes. The kabobs are done when chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit with an instant read cooking thermometer.
8. Remove kabobs from the grill, let rest 2 to 3 minutes and serve with your favorite sides!
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!