Prep Time: 20Minutes
Cooking Time: Cook 25 Minutes
November/December 2018 Dig In the Big Y Magazine
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce.
3. In a large skillet over medium heat, add oil. Once hot, add onion and garlic and sauté for 3 minutes. Add red pepper flakes, tomatoes, turkey and salt and pepper to taste and sauté for 4 minutes or until turkey is heated through; set aside.
4. In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, add water, 2 1/2 cups broth and a pinch of salt; stir to combine and add pasta. Cook for 16 minutes or until pasta is tender.
5. Add turkey mixture and remaining broth and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in cheese.
6. Serve garnished with additional cheese and parsley, if desired.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition Information Per Serving Calories: 369 (Calories from Fat: 63)
Total Fat: 7g (Saturated Fat: 2g)
Total Carbohydrates: 50g (Dietary Fiber: 3g