1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce.
3. Coat a Dutch oven with cooking spray and place over medium heat.
4. Add meat and brown on all sides. Wash hands with soap and water after handling raw chuck roast.
5. Add wine, garlic, salt, pepper, thyme and broth and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 1 1/2 hours.
6. Add carrots, celery, onions and potatoes. Cover and cook until internal temperature of roast reaches 145 degrees Fahrenheit as verified with an instant-read food thermometer, about 30 minutes.
7. Serve garnished with parsley and enjoy with bread on the side, if desired.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Calories: 630, Total Fat: 18g, Saturated Fat: 6g, Cholesterol: 135mg, Sodium: 890mg, Carbohydrates: 59g, Fiber: 13g, Sugar: 19g, Protein: 56g