Hot & Sour Soup
Prep Time: 35 Minutes
Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
May 2023 Dig In Recipe May is Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI) Heritage Month, honoring the contributions of Asian Americans and Pacific Islander Americans to our country. It's a great opportunity to learn more about AAPI history and celebrate by preparing some of these Asian and Pacific Islander-inspired recipes for your lunch or dinner.
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Rinse fresh produce.
- In a medium bowl, combine 1 tablespoon soy sauce, 1 tablespoon sesame oil and 1 teaspoon corn starch. Add pork and toss until combined. Wash hands after handling raw pork.
- In a skillet over medium heat add remaining sesame oil. Add pork and saute until pork reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit as verified on an instant-read food thermometer, about 6 minutes. Set aside.
- In a large soup pot over medium heat, add oil. Once hot, add green onion, ginger, garlic and chili peppers and cook for 2 minutes. Add pork, mushrooms, bean sprouts and broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and let simmer for 6 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together remaining soy sauce, vinegar, salt, pepper, water and remaining corn starch. Add to soup with tofu and cook until heated through, about 6 minutes.
- Serve garnished with cilantro, if desired.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Calories: 137, Total Fat: 5g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 13mg, Sodium: 647mg, Carbohydrates: 11g, Fiber: 1g, Sugars: 2g, Protein: 9g