Prep Time: 50 Minutes
Cooking Time: 21 Minutes/Chill: 35 Minutes
November/December 2022 Dig In Recipe
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Rinse all fresh produce.
- Place chicken pieces in a medium bowl. Sprinkle baking soda over top and toss to coat evenly. Wash hands after handling raw chicken. Cover and refrigerate for 35 minutes.
- Rinse chicken well with water, making sure to rinse all of the baking soda off. Blot dry with paper towels. Wash sink, nearby counter surfaces and hands after handling raw chicken.
- In a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat, add 1 teaspoon oil. Add carrots and cook for 6 minutes or until carrots are crisp-tender; remove from skillet.
- In the same wok or skillet over medium-high heat, add remaining oil. Add chicken and cook until internal temperature of chicken reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit as verified with an instant-read food thermometer, about 8 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add garlic to the skillet and cook for 1 minute. Add carrots back to skillet and cook for 2 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together chicken broth, soy sauce and honey.
- In another small bowl mix corn starch and water until corn starch has dissolved.
- Pour soy sauce mixture over chicken and vegetables and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add corn starch mixture and bring to a boil; sprinkle cayenne pepper over top. Cook for 2 minutes or until sauce has just started to thicken.
- Serve immediately over rice, garnished with green onions and sesame seeds.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Calories: 675, Total Fat: 11g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Cholesterol: 166mg, Sodium: 1,130mg, Total Carbohydrates: 83g, Dietary Fiber: 3g, Sugars: 29g, Protein: 59g