When it is too warm for hot coffee, enjoy this refreshing mint-flavored homemade iced coffee. This easy to make mint-flavored syrup with a mocha mint flavored coffee is a delicious drink. Top with whipped cream and chocolate syrup for an even tastier treat! Custom Recipe 2022.
1. Wash hands with soap and running water.
2. Rinse mint leaves under cold running water and pat dry prior to prepping.
3. In small saucepan, heat mint, sugar and 1/2 cup water to a simmer over medium heat, stirring until sugar dissolves; remove from heat and stir in food coloring.
4. Cover syrup and let steep 20 minutes; strain through fine-mesh strainer and cool 30 minutes.
5. Fill 12-ounce glass 3/4ths of the way with chilled coffee; stir in whipped cream, 1/4 of a 1.5-ounce standard shot of cooled mint-flavored syrup and chocolate syrup.
6. Add ice; serve topped with whipped cream and drizzled with chocolate syrup.
7. Chef's Tip: Blend all ingredients in a blender for a frozen Minty Lou.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!