Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cooking Time: Chill 1 Hour
November/December 2020 Dig In Magazine
DirectionsNOTE: Wash hands with soap and water.
1. In a medium bowl, add mascarpone cheese and 3 tablespoons sugar. Mix until just combined; do not overmix. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl using an electric mixer on medium-low speed, beat together 1 cup heavy whipping cream, 1/2 cup powdered sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract; beat until stiff peaks form. Carefully fold whipped cream into mascarpone mixture; set aside.
3. In a medium bowl using an electric mixture on medium speed, beat together remaining heavy cream, powdered sugar and vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form; set aside.
4. In a shallow bowl, combine hot water, espresso powder and remaining sugar.
5. Dip ladyfingers into espresso mixture, one at a time, and place into the bottom of a cup. Use 4 ladyfingers per cup, and break into pieces as needed so they fit in the cup and create a full layer.
6. Spoon a layer of mascarpone mixture over top of ladyfingers. Repeat to make a second layer. Top with a dollop of whipped cream; repeat with remaining ingredients to make 6 cups.
7. Cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour before serving. Sprinkle each with cocoa powder before serving.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition FactsNutrition Information Per Serving Calories: 784 (Calories from Fat: 531)
Total Fat: 59g (Saturated Fat: 33g)
Total Carbohydrates: 57g (Dietary Fiber: 1g