1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Coat all sides of roast with oil and dry rub.
3. Place, rib-side down, in a large roasting pan; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Wash hands after handling raw beef.
4. Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
5. Place roasting pan in oven and roast for about 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until internal temperature reaches 145 degrees Fahrenheit as verified with an instant-read food thermometer. Remove from oven and let rest for 30 minutes before slicing.
6. While roast is resting, pour pan drippings through a fine sieve. Discard fat and add drippings to a medium pan.
7. Add beef stock and cook over medium-high heat. Add wine, salt and pepper and cook for 5 minutes or until wine is reduced by half. Serve with roast.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
(Does not include rub ingredients)
Calories: 783, Total Fat: 65g, Saturated Fat: 26g, Cholesterol: 185mg, Sodium: 291mg, Total Carbohydrates: 0g, Dietary Fiber: 0g, Sugars: 0g, Protein: 45g