Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 2 to 2 1/2 Hours
Roasted turkey coated in fragrant herbs.
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce.
3. Carefully pat internal cavity of turkey dry with paper towels. Dispose of towels immediately and wash hands after handling raw turkey.
4. In a medium bowl, combine butter, garlic, pepper, olive oil, brown mustard and herbs.
5. Place oven rack in lowest position and preheat to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
6. Place turkey in a roasting pan and, using your fingers, rub turkey, on top and under skin, with herb mixture and pepper to taste. Wash hands after handling raw turkey.
7. Lightly cover turkey with foil, leaving one side open, and roast for 2 to 2 1/2 hours, basting occasionally with pan juices. During the last 30 minutes of cooking, remove the foil so the turkey browns to a golden color.
8. The turkey is cooked through when internal temperature of breast reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Fahrenheit in thigh) as verified with an instant-read food thermometer.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Calories: 410, Total Fat: 23g, Saturated Fat: 13g, Cholesterol: 170mg, Sodium: 310mg, Total Carbohydrates: 0.5g, Dietary Fiber: 0g, Sugars: 0g, Protein: 47g