Recipe featured in the Living Well Eating Smart newsletter #60 (dated 7/16-9/23/15).
Recipe from Smart Chicken. For other grilling recipes, visit their website.
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce.
3. Combine cilantro, parsley, mint, oregano, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, shallots and olive oil in a blender and blend until chopped. Pour mixture over chicken legs and let marinate in the refrigerator for one hour. Wash hands after handling raw chicken.
4. While chicken is marinating, prepare BBQ Sauce by mixing together mustard, apple cider vinegar, molasses, honey, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce and hot sauce until smooth.
5. Preheat grill to medium heat and oil grill grates.
6. Season marinated chicken with salt and pepper, then grill until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit with an instant-read cooking thermometer.
7. Remove chicken from grill and let rest 5 to 10 minutes before serving with prepared BBQ Sauce.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!