Prep Time: 45 Minutes
Cooking Time: 1 Hour
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse all fresh produce items under cold running water prior to prepping.
3. Pierce meat with fork at 1/2-inch intervals. Moisten surface of meat with water. Sprinkle tenderizer evenly over meat and let stand 30 minutes; pat dry if needed. Wash hands after handling raw meat.
4. In a small bowl, combine pepper and sugar; rub all over roast. Wash hands after handling raw meat.
5. In a large sautée pan over medium-high heat, add 2 tablespoons oil. When hot, sear roast on all sides for 7 minutes or until nicely caramelized. Transfer roast to a wire rack set in a rimmed baking sheet.
6. In a food processor, pulse bread into crumbs. Transfer crumbs to a medium bowl and add 2 tablespoons parsley, 2 teaspoons thyme, 1/2 cup grated cheese, garlic, shallots and 2 tablespoons oil; mix with a fork until combined; set aside.
7. In the same food processor, combine remaining parsley, thyme, grated cheese and oil; process until a smooth paste forms.
8. Place oven rack in the upper middle position and preheat to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
9. Coat roast with herb paste followed by bread crumb mixture and cook for 15 minutes per pound or until internal temperature reaches 145 degrees Fahrenheit as verified with an instant-read food thermometer. Note: If topping browns before meat reaches preferred internal temperature, lightly cover with foil for balanceremainder of roasting time. Remove roast from oven and let rest for 3 minutes before carving.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Total Fat: 19g
Saturated Fat: 5g
Total Carbohydrates: 6g
Dietary Fiber: 1g,