Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Cooking Time: Cook 30 to 32 Minutes
Featured in the Living Well Eating Smart newsletter issue #82 (March 21st to May 15th, 2019).
Visit bigy.com/rs/recipes to find even more tasty plant-based recipes!
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce.
3. In a large soup pot over medium heat, add oil and butter.
4. Once butter has melted, add onion and cook for 4 minutes or until onion starts to soften.
5. Add garlic, carrots, celery and turnip and cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes.
6. Add diced tomatoes with liquid and cook for 1 minute.
7. Add broth, water, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper to taste and cook for 15 minutes more.
8. Add beans and kale and cook for another 5 to 7 minutes, adding additional seasoning if needed.
9. Ladle into bowls and serve.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Total Fat: 3g
Saturated Fat: 1g