1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce.
3. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
4. Coat a large skillet with cooking spray and place over medium heat. Add ground beef, mushrooms and garlic. Cook, breaking up the beef with a wooden spoon, until internal temperature of beef reaches 160 degrees Fahrenheit as verified with an instant-read food thermometer, about 8 minutes. Drain mixture and return to skillet. Wash hands after handling raw beef.
5. Stir in green onion, thyme, sage and vegetable mix. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Stir in gravy, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper and let simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer to a large, round baking dish.
6. In a medium bowl, combine prepared potatoes, sour cream, chives and half of the lightly beaten egg. Spread potato mixture evenly over beef mixture and brush lightly with remaining egg. Wash hands after handling raw egg.
7. Bake until filling is bubbly and top is golden, about 30 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Calories: 284, Total Fat: 13g, Saturated Fat: 6g, Cholesterol: 100mg, Sodium: 545mg, Carbohydrates: 19g, Fiber: 3g, Sugars: 3g, Protein: 24g