Cool weather tends to trigger our taste buds' desire for comfort foods. This recipe from Cabot Creamery Cooperative offers a lower fat version of a family favorite-- Macaroni and Cheese. Plus it's a cinch to make, cooking up in a quarter of the time of traditional homemade Mac & Cheese. Enjoy!
Recipe by Cabot Creamery Cooperative, adapted by the Living Well Eating Smart team and featured on the Living Well Eating Smart segment on Western Mass News on November 5, 2015.
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. In large pot, bring about 4 quarts water to boil; add pasta and garlic. Cook for 8 minutes.
3. Drain pasta well in colander and return to pot.
4. Remove garlic cloves, slip from skins and mash into paste; scrape into a bowl. Add cheese, yogurt, milk, mustard, salt and pepper; whisk together well. Stir into pasta.
5. If mixture has cooled, return pot to low heat and stir pasta just until warmed through (do not overheat or mixture will be less creamy). Serve immediately.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Total Fat 6.5g
Sat Fat 3.5g
Chol 16 mg
Total Carb 49g
Dietary Fiber 2g