Ham & Veggie Quiche
Directions1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse all fresh produce items under cold running water.
3. Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
4. Place pie crust into a 9-inch glass pie plate and bake for 8 minutes. Remove from oven and reduce temperature to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
5. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, add oil. Once hot, add onion and garlic and sauté for 3 minutes or until onion is tender. Add squash and cook for 4 minutes. Add spinach and ham and cook for 3 minutes or until heated through; remove from heat.
6. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and evaporated milk; set aside. Wash hands with soap and water after handling raw egg.
7. Place ham mixture into prepared crust and top with cheese. Pour egg mixture over top and season to taste with salt and pepper; top with tomatoes and oregano.
8. Gently set pie pan on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 33 minutes or until set. Remove from oven and let stand on cooling rack for 10 minutes before cutting.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition FactsNutrition Information Per Serving Calories: 242
Total Fat: 15g
Saturated Fat: 5g
Total Carbohydrates: 17g
Dietary Fiber: 1g
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more