Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 1 Hour
The weekend is the perfect time to whip up a big breakfast and enjoy a little extra family time. Start the day out right with this delectable recipe packed full of spinach, onions, tomatoes and roasted red peppers. Any leftovers will freeze beautifully and warm up quickly in the oven.
DirectionsNote: Wash hands with soap and water.
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Place pie crust in a 9-inch glass pie plate and bake for 8 minutes. Remove from oven and reduce temperature to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, add oil. Once hot, add onion and garlic and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes or until onion is tender. Add spinach, zucchini and ham and cook for 3 minutes or until heated through; remove from heat.
4. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and evaporated milk; set aside. Layer spinach mixture, cheese and peppers into prebaked crust. Pour egg mixture over filling and season with salt and pepper to taste; top with halved tomatoes.
5. Gently set pie pan on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until set. Remove from oven and let stand on cooling rack about 10 minutes before cutting.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, Visit fightbac.org
Nutrition FactsCalories: 191 (Calories from Fat: 99)
Total Fat: 11g (Saturated Fat: 3g)
Total Carbohydrates: 13g (Dietary Fiber: 0.5g