Ham & Bean Chowder
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce.
3. Mash one can of beans; set aside.
4. In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, add butter. Once melted, add carrots, celery and onion and saute for 4 minutes or until vegetables soften.
5. Stir in milk, half-and-half, ham, liquid smoke, salt, pepper and whole and mashed beans; add bay leaf.
6. Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes or until heated through. Discard bay leaf and top with green onion and parsley before serving.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition Information Per Serving:
Total Fat 11 g
Saturated Fat 6 g
Cholesterol 46 mg
Sodium 648 mg
Carbohydrates 57 g
Fiber 12 g
Sugars 8 g
Protein 27 g