Hake Stuffed Bell Peppers
DirectionsNote: Wash hands with soap and water.
1. Preheat oven to broil.
2. Place hake fillets on a roasting pan, drizzle with olive oil and season to taste with salt and pepper.
3. Broil fillets 4 to 6 inches from the heat for 6 to 8 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
4. Remove from oven and let cool. Once cool, flake fish with a fork, set aside.
5. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
6. Cut peppers in half lengthwise and remove seeds, set aside.
7. In a large bowl combine, cream cheese, butter, yogurt, potato chips, Gouda cheese, leeks, garlic, 2 tablespoons parsley, seasoning salt, paprika, cayenne pepper and black pepper to taste, mix well.
8. Gently fold in flaked fish.
9. Place red pepper halves on a broiling pan and spoon fish mixture inside the pepper shell.
10. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until peppers are tender and filling is hot.
11. Top each with some Parmesan cheese and broil for 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is slightly brown.
12. Serve topped with remaining parsley.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition FactsNutrition Information Per Serving: Calories: 315 (Calories from Fat: 171)
Total Fat: 19g (Saturated Fat: 9g)
Total Carbohydrates: 14g (Dietary Fiber: 2g