DirectionsNote: Wash hands with soap and water.
1. In a large skillet over medium heat, add butter.
2. Once melted, add onion and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes or until softened; set aside.
3. Place haddock fillets in a large skillet in a single layer.
4. Add milk, lemon juice and water so that the fillets are almost completely covered, if necessary add more water.
5. Add bay leaf, seafood seasoning and pepper to taste. Cover skillet and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
6. Cook gently for 5 minutes or until fish just flakes.
7. Drain and flake the fish with a fork, taking care to remove any bones if needed.
8. In a large bowl using your hands, combine cooked fish, onion and garlic mixture, potatoes, breadcrumbs, parsley, Parmesan cheese, mustard, salt and pepper to taste and eggs and mix well. If the mixture is too crumbly, add another egg. If too sticky, add some more breadcrumbs.
9. Form mixture into 6 patties.
10. In a large skillet over medium heat, add oil.
11. Once hot, add fish patties and cook for 5 to 6 minutes per side or until cooked through and golden brown.
12. Serve on hamburger rolls with your favorite condiments.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition FactsNutrition Information Per Serving
Calories: 393 (Calories from Fat: 90)
Total Fat: 10g (Saturated Fat: 4g)
Total Carbohydrates: 44g (Dietary Fiber: 4g