- Wash hands with soap and running water.
- Prepare a charcoal grill or preheat gas grill to medium high heat and scrape clean.
- Pat both sides of tuna steaks dry with a paper towel. Brush one side with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Gently place tuna on grill, oiled side down. Brush top side with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill over direct heat for about a minute, then rotate steaks 1/4 turn for cross-hatched grill marks. Cook for another minute.
- Flip and cook for just 1-3 more minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 145 degrees Fahrenheit as verified with an instant-read food thermometer.
- Remove from grill and allow to rest.
- Spread 1 to 2 tablespoons wasabi sauce on bottom bun. Add a large pinch of arugula. Place tuna steak on bun and top with about 1 tablespoon pickled ginger and top bun.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!