Watch this recipe being prepared
Summer One 2022 Event Recipe
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, Visit fightbac.org
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce under cold running water prior to prepping.
3. Prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling over medium-high heat. Brush both sides of watermelon wedges with 1 tablespoon oil and sprinkle with 3 teaspoons marinade mix; place on hot grill rack, cover and cook 5 minutes or until grill marks appear, turning once.
4. Cut corn kernels from cob. In a large bowl, whisk garlic, lime juice, honey and remaining 1 tablespoon oil and 1 teaspoon marinade mix; gently fold in avocado, cheese, onion, basil and corn.
5. Serve watermelon wedges topped with avocado mixture sprinkled with pistachios.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Total Fat 23 g
Saturated Fat 6 g
Cholesterol 17 mg
Sodium 602 mg
Carbohydrates 33 g
Fiber 7 g
Protein 8 g