You can view the recipe on You Tube at: https://youtu.be/4_q6niu9-jk
Chef Tip: To check that Swordfish is cooked through, gently push the flat side of a wooden skewer through the thickest part of the fish. If it goes through with no resistance, it is done. If there is resistance, cook for another minute or so and test again.
Directions1. Prepare a charcoal grill or preheat your gas grill to medium-high heat and scrape clean.
2. Wash hands with soap and water. Rinse all fresh produce under cold running water and pat dry.
3. Place cut bacon into a microwave safe bowl. Cover with a dinner plate and microwave on high for 1 minute. Remove and stir bacon. Repeat this process 4 more times or until bacon is cooked through and starting to get crispy.
4. Add peppers, shallots, jalapeno and chopped garlic to bowl and stir into cooked bacon. Cover and microwave for 1 minute more.
5. Transfer entire mixture to a metal bowl and cover with foil to keep warm.
6. Place your dozen clams onto a grill rack. If you do not have a grill rack, place directly onto grill. Wash hands after handling raw clams. Cook for about 3-4 minutes or until the clams have all opened.
7. Remove opened clams and add them into metal bowl with bacon-pepper Casino mix.
8. Add butter and chopped parsley and stir well. Cover and keep warm.
9. Pat both sides of your swordfish steaks dry with a paper towel.
10. Brush one side with oil and season with salt and pepper.
11. Place swordfish on grill, oiled side down. Brush top with oil and season with salt and pepper. Wash hands after handling raw swordfish.
12. Grill over direct heat for about 4 minutes.
13. Flip and cook for approximately 3 more minutes until swordfish reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit with an instant-read thermometer. Place metal bowl containing Casino mix onto grill to heat if necessary.
14. Plate swordfish in middle of plate and surround with 6 clams and top everything with Casino mixture. Repeat with second plate.
15. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition FactsBig Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more