Recipe featured in the Living Well Eating Smart newsletter #53 (dated 5/22/14-7/16/14).
Recipe from Filippo Berio. For other grilling recipes, visit their website.
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse all fresh produce items under cold running water prior to prepping.
3. In a large no-stick frying pan over medium-high heat, combine onion, vinegar, shallots, garlic, ginger, orange rind and soy sauce.
4. Bring to a boil, stir and cook for 30 seconds. Remove from heat and add cucumbers and pepper. Set aside.
6. Rub salmon fillets with olive oil and grill for 4 to 5 minutes on each side, or until fish reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit as verified with an instant-read food thermometer. Wash hands after handling raw fish.
7. Serve topped with prepared cucumber salad.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
14 g fat
2 g saturated fat
94 mg cholesterol
92 mg sodium
8 g carbohydrates
1 g fiber
35 g protein