Get inspired and watch Chef Andrew from North Coast Seafoods prepare this delicious recipe.
Seafood Supper Club Recipe
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce.
3. Prepare charcoal grill or preheat gas grill to medium-high heat.
4. Brush salmon with oil. Sprinkle with taco seasoning and lightly press spices into salmon. Wash hands after handling raw fish.
5. If you have a grill mat, place directly onto grill. If not, apply canola oil generously to grill grates.
6. Place salmon onto grill, spice side down. Brush skin side with oil.
7. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes, or until spices have become brown in color.
8. With a spatula, flip salmon and cook until an internal temperature of 130 to 135 degrees Fahrenheit is reached as verified using an instant-read food thermometer, about 4 to 5 minutes. Remove salmon from grill and set aside to allow carry over cooking to occur for an additional 10 minutes for a final internal temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit to be reached.
9. Place tortillas onto grill and cook for 30 seconds to 1 minute on each side, or until they have become slightly darker and crunchy, but not too hard.
10. Using two forks, pull salmon apart into large flakes, separating it from the skin.
11. To assemble taco, spread guacamole on tortilla, add baby arugula and top with salmon.
12. Add additional toppings as desired, being careful to not overload tortilla.
13. Finish off with a spoonful of pico de gallo and sour cream, sprinkle of cilantro and squeeze of lime juice.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!