Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Fresh oysters with a lemony breadcrumb topping.
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce.
3. In a large skillet over medium heat, add olive oil. Once hot, add garlic and onion and cook for 3 minutes.
4. Add fennel and green bell pepper and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until soft.
5. Add spinach, half-and-half and salt and pepper to taste and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes; remove from heat.
6. Open oysters; discard top shells and liquid inside.
7. Place oysters on a baking sheet. Wash hands after handling raw oysters. Top each with 1 tablespoon spinach mixture, 1 tablespoon shredded cheese blend and 1 teaspoon bread crumbs.
8. Spray grill grate with cooking spray and preheat to medium.
9. Place oysters directly on the grill, cover and cook for 5 minutes or until the cheese is bubbling and beginning to brown. Wash hands after handling raw oysters.
10. Serve with lemon wedges and cocktail sauce if desired.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition FactsCalories: 200 (Calories from Fat: 70)
Total Fat: 8g (Saturated Fat: 2.5g)
Total Carbohydrates: 12g (Dietary Fiber: 1g