The best parties always include noshing. And the best noshing needs a Triple “E” Rating… Exotic, Extraordinary, & Exciting. This recipe is an easy way to deliver excitement without hassle. Chef Andrew from North Coast Seafoods shows you how at: https://youtu.be/qk76OvAboGU
DirectionsNote: Wash hands with soap and water.
1. Prep the Spicy Citrus butter before starting the grill.
2. Mold 3 loosely formed Aluminum foil “logs” to hold the oysters once they’re off the grill, so they won’t tip over. Keep these at the ready on your serving platter.
3. Pre-heat grill to high
4. Place oysters on hot grill – rounded side down, flat side up.
5. Season shrimp with Salt Pepper, and place on grill.
6. Allow to cook until oysters are open – about 5-6 minutes.
7. Shrimp should take a bit less time to cook. Flip shrimp after about 2-3 minutes and cook for an additional 2 minutes before removing.
8. When the oysters have opened, use tongs to transfer them to the foil logs to support.
9. Remove the top shells – with a dish towel in your hand, hold oyster and pry back / twist off shell. If oyster tries to stick to shell, just release it with a small paring knife.
10. Then release oyster from the bottom of the cup as well. A spoon works well for this.
11. Top each oyster with a teaspoon of melted Citrus butter.
12. In a bowl, toss the shrimp in a couple tablespoons of spicy butter. Peel your own shrimp to eat.
13. Serves 4. Serve right away with plenty of napkins.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!