Get inspired and watch Chef Andrew from North Coast Seafoods prepare this delicious recipe.
Seafood Supper Club Recipe
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce.
3. In a small sauce pan over medium heat, heat butter, garlic, hot sauce, lemon zest and juice, Old Bay and parsley to make spicy citrus butter. Heat and stir until butter is melted and ingredients are combined. Keep warm.
4. Preheat grill to high heat.
5. Mold 3 loosely formed aluminum foil “logs” to hold the oysters once they’re off the grill, so they won’t tip over. Place these on your serving platter.
6. Place oysters on hot grill, rounded side down and flat side up. Wash hands after handling raw seafood. Allow to cook until oyster shells open, about 5 to 6 minutes.
7. Season shrimp with salt and pepper to taste and place on grill. Cook for about 2 to 3 minutes, then flip and continue cooking until flesh is pearly and opaque, about 2 more minutes. Wash hands after handling raw shrimp.
8. When the oysters have opened, use tongs to transfer them to the foil logs to support and cool.
9. With a dish towel in your hand remove the top shells of the oysters by holding the oyster and prying back and twisting off the top shell. If oyster sticks to shell, just release it with a small paring knife.
10. Release oyster from the bottom shell by sliding a small pairing knife or spoon under it.
11. Top each oyster with a teaspoon of melted spicy citrus butter.
12. In a bowl, toss the shrimp in a couple tablespoons of spicy citrus butter. Peel your own shrimp to eat.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!