Recipe featured on 8/25/16 Western Mass News Segment with Carrie Taylor, RDN, LDN and Andrea Luttrell, RDN, LDN.
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce.
3. Preheat grill to medium heat, approximately 350-375 degrees Fahrenheit.
4. Stretch out dough onto floured baking sheet to a 12- to 14-inch round, about 1/4-inch thick. Brush top of dough with 1 tablespoon oil.
5. Place oiled-side of dough down on the grill. Close lid and grill 1 to 2 minutes or until grill marks appear on the bottom of the crust. Carefully flip over using tongs and/or spatula.
6. Brush crust with remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Quickly place sliced mozzarella and tomatoes on crust and close lid.
7. Cook for an additional 3 to 4 minutes until cheese is melted and toppings are heated through. Check pizza often to avoid burning. If necessary, rotate crust clockwise during cooking.
8. Remove pizza from the grill and top with basil. If desired, add a drizzle of olive oil and cheese. Slice and serve immediately.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!