Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: Grill 5 Minutes
May 2022 Dig In Memorial Day Recipe
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse all fresh produce items under cold running water prior to prepping.
3. Preheat grill to medium-high.
4. Place 1/4 cup sugar in a shallow dish. Cut lemons in half and dip them in the sugar, cut-side-down. Place lemons, cut-side-down, on grill and cook for 5 minutes or until they are tender and start to caramelize with nice grill marks. Remove from grill and let cool.
5. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine water, honey, rosemary sprigs and remaining sugar; bring to a low rolling boil. Let boil, stirring occasionally, for 7 minutes or until sugar and honey dissolves creating a syrup; remove from heat and discard rosemary sprigs. Let cool.
6. When lemons are cool to the touch, squeeze juice into a mesh colander over a pitcher. Add cooled syrup and water to taste and stir well. Serve over ice.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, https://www.fightbac.org/"> Visit fightbac.org
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Total Fat   0 g
Saturated Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium       1.5 mg
Carbohydrates 35 g
Fiber 0 g
Sugars  29 g
Protein 0 g