Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: Grill 5 Minutes
May 2023 Dig In Recipe
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce.
3. Preheat grill to medium-high.
4. Place 1/4 cup sugar in a shallow dish. Cut lemons in half and dip them in the sugar, cut-side-down. Place lemons, cut-side-down, on grill and cook until they are tender and start to caramelize with nice grill marks, about 5 minutes. Remove from grill and let cool.
5. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine water, honey, rosemary sprigs and remaining sugar. Bring to a low rolling boil. Let boil, stirring occasionally, until sugar and honey dissolve creating a syrup, about 7 minutes. Remove from heat and discard rosemary sprigs. Let cool.
6. When lemons are cool to the touch, squeeze juice into a mesh colander over a pitcher. Add cooled syrup and water to taste and stir well. Serve over ice.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Calories: 128, Total Fat: 0g, Saturated Fat: 0g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Sodium: 1.5mg, Carbohydrates: 35g, Fiber: 0g, Sugars: 29g, Protein: 0g