Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Cooking Time: Chill 1 hour, Grill 10 minutes
Big Y Dig In -The Big Y Magazine June/July 2018
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce.
3. In a food processor, pulse fish until finely chopped but not mushy.
4. In a large bowl, combine breadcrumbs, mayonnaise, herbs, shallot, lemon zest, lemon juice, mustard and salt and pepper to taste. Add fish and mix until combined. Form mixture into 8 patties; wrap in plastic wrap and let chill in refrigerator for 1 hour. Wash hands after handling raw fish.
5. Place a sheet of foil over grill grate, large enough to hold all 8 patties and preheat to medium. Place patties on top of foil to use as a barrier between fish and grate; cover and grill until patties reach an internal temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit as verified with an instant-read food thermometer, about 5 minutes per side. To finish with grill marks, remove foil, place patties directly on grill grate and grill for 1 minute per side.
6. Serve with your favorite salsa or olive tapenade.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition Information Per Serving Calories: 145 (Calories from Fat: 63)
Total Fat: 7g (Saturated Fat: 1g)
Total Carbohydrates: 3g (Dietary Fiber: 0g