Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 1 Hour
No backyard barbecue would be complete without hot dogs and your favorite condiments - ketchup, mustard, relish and mayo. But who says you have to take those classic condiments as they come and leave it at that? With a few simple mix-ins, it’s a snap to transform our beloved toppings into something truly spectacular.
DirectionsNote: Wash hands with soap and water.
1. In a small bowl, combine relish, mustard, hot sauce, jalapeno and salt and pepper to taste; mix well. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. Remove loose, papery skin from garlic bulb. Cut off pointed top to expose the garlic cloves; place, cut side up, in a shallow baking dish.
4. Drizzle with olive oil and roast for 1 hour or until garlic is very soft. Let cool until easy to handle.
5. Squeeze the soft garlic cloves out of the skin into a medium bowl and mash with a fork.
6. Add onion powder, garlic powder, pepper and ketchup and mix until well combined. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
7. Preheat grill to high. Add hot dogs and grill until golden brown on all sides.
8. Place in rolls and top with the garlic ketchup or hot mustard relish.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition FactsNutrition Information Per Serving (without condiments)
Calories: 290 (Calories from Fat: 162)
Total Fat: 18g (Saturated Fat: 6g
Trans Fat: <1g)
Total Carbohydrates: 24g (Dietary Fiber: 1g