Watch this recipe being prepared
Summer One 2022 Event Recipe
DirectionsBig Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, Visit fightbac.org
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce under cold running water prior to prepping.
3. Prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling over medium-high heat. Place poblano pepper on hot grill rack; cover and cook 6 minutes or until charred, turning frequently. Transfer to cutting board. Remove and discard poblano stem and seeds; coarsely chop.
4. In a large bowl, stir chicken, barbeque sauce, red onion, cilantro and poblano.
5. Brush insides of rolls with oil. Place rolls, oiled side down, on hot grill rack; cover and grill 1 minute or until toasted. Turn rolls, oiled side up; top bottom halves of rolls with chicken mixture and cheese. Cover and cook 2 minutes or until cheese melts. Top cheese with onions; fold top halves of rolls over filling to close. Garnish with cilantro, if desired.
Nutrition FactsNutrition Information Per Serving
Total Fat 18 g
Saturated Fat 7 g
Cholesterol 78 mg
Sodium 895 mg
Carbohydrates 42 g
Fiber 2 g
Protein 30 g