Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
Watch this recipe being prepared
March/April 2022 Dig In Recipe
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Rinse fresh produce.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, combine cream, sugar, butter and rum extract. Cook mixture for 5 minutes or until sugar has dissolved, about 5 minutes. Do not allow mixture to boil. Remove from heat and keep warm.
- Coat an indoor grill pan with cooking spray and preheat to medium.
- Cut bananas in half lengthwise, leaving the peel on. Generously brush cut-side of bananas with butter rum sauce and sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Place bananas in pan, cut-side-down and grill for 3 minutes. Turn bananas over, baste with additional butter rum sauce and continue to grill until fork tender, about 2 minutes more.
- Remove peels from bananas and serve immediately with a drizzle of butter sauce, a sprinkle of cinnamon and a scoop of ice cream and chopped pecans, if desired.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org.
Calories 278, Total Fat 12 g, Saturated Fat 7 g, Cholesterol 34 mg, Sodium 66 mg, Carbohydrates 44 g, Fiber 3 g, Sugars 31 g, Protein 2 g