If you find your family falling into a dessert funk this summer, make the switch! Get your children in the kitchen (and at the grill) with you to create their own nutritious and delicious banana-inspired summer treat. Featured on the Little Y page in the Living Well Eating Smart newsletter issue #66 (July 14 to September 21, 2016).
Recipe inspiration from Dole. Visit their website for more summertime recipes.
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Heat grill to high heat.
3. Peel and slice bananas diagonally.
4. Sprinkle slices with cinnamon and grill for 3 minutes on each side.
5. Chop grilled banana and place into dessert glasses.
6. Top with Skyr and additional toppings.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!