Greek Vegetable Omelet
From the Living Well Eating Smart newsletter, Issue #91 (September 17th – November 11th, 2020).
Recipe and image originally from the American Egg Board (updates have been made). Visit www.incredibleegg.org for more nutrient-rich egg recipe inspirations.
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse all fresh produce items under cold running water prior to prepping.
3. In a 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
4. Add greens, olives, peppers, artichoke hearts, tomatoes and pine nuts.
5. Cook 2 minutes; then place in a bowl and set aside.
6. In a small bowl, beat together eggs, water, salt and pepper.
7. In the same skillet heated over medium-high heat, quickly pour egg mixture into skillet. Slide pan back and forth to allow eggs to cook. Wash hands after handling raw eggs.
8. Once bottom of omelet is lightly brown, and the top is set, place sautéed vegetables and half the feta cheese on half of the omelet.
9. Gently fold other half of omelet over vegetables and slide onto plate. Serve topped with remaining feta cheese.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Total Fat 34 g
Saturated Fat 8.5 g
Cholesterol 390 mg
Sodium 1434 mg
Carbohydrates 13 g
Fiber 5 g
Protein 18 g