Prep Time: 15 Minutes then marinate 2 hours or overnight
Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
This time of year is the best for enjoying salads loaded with fresh produce. Make your own quick and flavorful salad dressing with healthy ingredients like protein-packed Greek yogurt, lemon juice and fresh herbs. This delicious recipe can feed a crowd or can work double duty as dinner tonight and lunch tomorrow!
DirectionsNote: Wash hands with soap and water.
1. In a small bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, 4 tablespoons lemon juice, 2 tablespoons oregano and salt and pepper to taste.
2. Pat chicken dry with paper towels and lay flat in a glass dish.
3. Pour oil mixture over chicken, turning to coat. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours or overnight.
4. In a small bowl, whisk together yogurt, garlic, feta cheese, remaining lemon juice and oregano and salt and pepper to taste.
5. Whisk until well blended; refrigerate until ready to use.
6. Spray grill grate with cooking spray and preheat to medium.
7. Remove chicken from oil mixture and place on grill; discard oil mixture.
8. Grill for 12 to 15 minutes per side or until cooked through and no longer pink.
9. Remove from grill and set aside to cool slightly.
10. In a medium bowl, combine green onion, tomatoes, avocado and olives.
11. Divide salad greens equally among 4 plates and top each with green onion mixture.
12. Cut chicken off of bone and cut into slices; lay on top of salad. Drizzle with yogurt mixture before serving.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition FactsCalories: 465 (Calories from Fat: 261)
Total Fat: 29g (Saturated Fat: 6g)
Total Carbohydrates: 9g (Dietary Fiber: 3g