Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Cooking Time: Marinate 30 Minutes, Cook 6 Minutes
January 2023 Dig In Recipe
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce.
3. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, add water and bring to a boil. Gradually stir in couscous.
4. Remove from heat, cover and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork and spoon into a large bowl. Add both bell peppers, chicken broth, lemon juice, dill, oil, salt and pepper and toss well.
5. In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, honey, vinegar, garlic, ginger, salt and pepper. Place half the mixture in a shallow dish and add salmon, skin-side-up. Divide remaining marinade in half into two small bowls.
6. Cover, place on bottom shelf of the refrigerator and marinate for 30 minutes. Wash hands after handling raw fish.
7. Place oven rack about 5 to 6 inches from heat; preheat broiler.
8. In a large skillet over medium heat, add butter. Once melted, add salmon, skin-side-up, and cook for 2 minutes. Discard used marinade.
9. Remove salmon from skillet and place, skin-side-down, on a rack in a broiler pan that has been lightly coated with cooking spray. Wash hands after handling raw fish.
10. Brush tops of salmon with one half of the remaining soy mixture and broil until internal temperature of salmon reaches 145 degrees Fahrenheit as verified on an instant-read food thermometer, about 6 minutes.
11. Brush tops with other half of untouched soy mixture and top with green onions. Serve with couscous.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Calories: 376, Total Fat: 15g, Saturated Fat: 5g, Cholesterol: 75mg, Sodium: 764mg, Carbohydrates: 31g, Fiber: 2g, Sugars: 10g, Protein: 29g