Prep Time: 45 Minutes
Cooking Time: 9 Minutes
Directions1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. In a large bowl, mix together butter, honey and sugar. Mix in egg yolk. Wash hands with soap and water after handling raw egg.
3. In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, gingerbread spice mix and salt. Add to butter mixture and knead for 1 minute. Cover with plastic wrap; and refrigerate for 1 hour.
4. Preheat oven to 320 degrees Fahrenheit. On a sheet of parchment paper, roll out dough to 1/6-inch thickness.
5. Using small gingerbread man cookie cutters, cut out cookie shapes. Transfer to parchment paper-lined baking sheet, bake on center rack for 8-9 minutes or until slightly golden. Cool on rack for 15 minutes.
6. Spread 1 1/4 tsp Nutella® Hazelnut Spread on the back of one gingerbread man then sandwich with another gingerbread man. Repeat with remaining gingerbread men and Nutella® Hazelnut Spread.
7. In a small bowl, combine confectioners’ sugar and lemon juice, adding juice to the sugar a ½ teaspoon at a time, to make a smooth paste. Transfer to piping bag and decorate cookies with icing.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!