Directions1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. In a large bowl, beat butter or margarine with sugar and molasses until well blended. Add eggs and mix well. Wash hands with soap and water after handling raw eggs.
4. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, spices and 1 cup chopped almonds.
5. Gradually add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and beat thoroughly.
6. Divide dough in half. Shape each into a log about 13-inches long. Flatten slightly to 1-inch thick and about 2-inches wide. Place rolls 4-inches apart on a greased baking sheet. Sprinkle with ¼ cup almonds, if desired.
7. Bake loaves for 15 to 20 minutes, until browned and puffed. Cool 15 minutes.
8. Cut rolls crosswise, 1/2-inch thick, using a sharp or serrated knife. Place slices, cut side down, on baking sheet.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!