Ginger Pumpkin Quick Bread With Cranberries
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2, Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly coat two 8x4-inch loaf pans with olive oil and flour.
3. In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon and cloves. Whisk well to combine. Wash hands after handling raw flour.
4. In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine sugar, brown sugar, eggs, olive oil and vanilla. Mix on medium speed until creamy and somewhat lightened in color, 2 minutes. Wash hands after handling raw eggs.
5. Add pumpkin and mix until combined. With the mixer running on low, gradually add the flour mixture until just combined.
6. Remove the bowl from the mixer and stir in the cranberries and crystallized ginger by hand. Transfer the mixture to the loaf pans, dividing evenly. Wash hands after handling raw batter.
5. Bake until a pick inserted into the middle of a loaf comes out with just a few crumbs clinging to it, about 55 minutes (don’t worry if the tops crack).
6. Let the loaves cool completely on racks and then unmold them. Keep well wrapped at room temperature for up to 2 days or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!