Recipe derived from Canadian Lentils and featured in "Food in :60" Segment with Carrie Taylor, RDN, LDN and Andrea Luttrell, RDN, LDN.
Watch the recipe video here.
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce.
3. In a large, heavy skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
4. Add onion, celery and carrot and cook 6 to 7 minutes until soft. Add garlic and cook for another 1 to 2 minutes.
5. Add cooked lentils, tomatoes with liquid, butter and thyme. Cook, stirring often, until mixture thickens and becomes more uniform.
6. Season with salt and pepper and serve drizzled with olive oil and sprinkled with Parmesan cheese with your favorite pasta.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!