Recipe inspired by “snacktivities” event with Retail Dietitians Business Alliance sponsored by Bare Snacks, Off The Eaten Path and Quaker Oats.
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse all fresh produce items under cold running water prior to prepping.
3. If necessary, peel and core pineapple and cut into rings.
4. Place chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds and stir. Continue microwaving/stirring in 15-second intervals until chocolate is fully melted and smooth.
5. Carefully place pineapples and pears on skewers to form your fruit pops. Dip or drizzle with chocolate then sprinkle with desired toppings.
6. Place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet to set.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, Visit fightbac.org!