Prep Time: 35 Minutes
Cooking Time: Bake 23 Minutes
May June 2021 Big Y Dig In Magazine Recipe
Directions1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Wash hands with soap and water.
3. Rinse all fresh produce items under cold running water prior to prepping.
4. Butter and flour 2, 8-inch cake pans; set aside.
5. In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
6. In a large bowl using an electric mixer on medium speed, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg whites, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Wash hands with soap and water after handling raw eggs. Beat in vanilla. Add flour mixture, alternately with buttermilk, beating well after each addition.
7. Pour batter evenly into prepared pans. Place in the oven and bake for 23 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes. Remove cakes from pans and let cool completely on wire racks.
8. Place one of the cakes on a serving plate and spread 1 cup frosting over top. Top with raspberry preserves and a layer of the assorted fruit. Place other cake on top and frost the sides and top. Gently press almonds onto sides of cake. Artfully arrange remaining fruit on top of cake. Combine apricot preserves and lemon juice in a small saucepan over medium-low heat and heat until melted. Strain and drizzle over fruit. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition FactsNutrition Information Per Serving
Total Fat: 14g
Saturated Fat: 5g
Total Carbohydrates: 96g
Dietary Fiber: 2g
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more