Frosted Apple Oatmeal Muffins
DirectionsNote: Wash hands with soap and water.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Mix milk, vanilla extract, honey, cinnamon and eggs in a large bowl.
3. Add oats to bowl and fold in until they don't appear dry. Allow mixture to sit for about 5 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, prepare muffin tin by lining with 12 muffin liners or coating with cooking spray.
5. Fold apples into oat mixture and fill muffin cups to ¾-full.
6. “Frost” each oatmeal cup with about 1 teaspoon jam.
7. Bake for 20 minutes or until oatmeal cups are firm and cooked through.
8. Allow to sit for 5 minutes before removing from the pan and place on a cooling rack to cool completely.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!