Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 60 Minutes
April 2023 Dig In Recipe
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Place bread cubes in a large bowl; set aside.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, cook sausage until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees Fahrenheit as verified with instant-read food thermometer, about 8 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, cream, salt, 1 tablespoon brown sugar and 2 tablespoons maple syrup. Pour mixture over bread and toss to coat. Wash hands after handling raw eggs.
- Coat a 13x9-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Spread half of the bread mixture into the dish. Layer sausage over top. Spread remaining bread over sausage and top with remaining brown sugar and syrup. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove cover and bake until top is golden brown, about 60 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes. Drizzle additional maple syrup over top if desired and serve.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Calories: 667, Total Fat: 36g, Saturated Fat: 16g, Cholesterol: 267mg, Sodium: 1,075mg, Total Carbohydrates: 60g, Dietary Fiber: 2g, Sugars: 20g, Protein: 26g