Get inspired and watch Chef Andrew from North Coast Seafoods prepare this delicious recipe.
Seafood Supper Club Recipe
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce.
3. Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
4. Spray a casserole dish, large enough to fit the fish in one layer, with non-stick cooking spray.
5. Pat fish dry of any excess moisture. Add fish portions to casserole dish and wash hands after handling raw seafood. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Bake fish to an internal temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit as verified with an instant-read food thermometer, about 12 to 14 minutes.
7. Remove from oven, discard excess liquid from dish, and leave at room temperature to cool.
8. Add potatoes to a pot full of cold, salted water and boil until fork tender, about 10 to 12 minutes.
9. Drain the pot of water, leaving potatoes in the pot over low heat for 2 to 3 minutes so they can dry out completely.
10. Mash the potatoes until soft and smooth. Add in butter and mix well until melted. Add in milk a little bit at a time until your desired creaminess is achieved. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Allow to rest at room temperature.
11. In a pan over medium heat, add oil. Add onions and leeks and mix well. Cook over medium heat until veggies are completely softened (but not browned), about 5 minutes.
12. Add frozen peas and season with salt and pepper. Transfer to medium size mixing bowl.
13. Add in crème fraiche and grated Gruyere cheese and mix until well combined. Allow to rest at room temperature.
14. Increase oven temperature to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
15. Assemble the pie by spreading an even layer of veggie mixture over the fish. Then spoon the mashed potatoes on top and carefully spread an even layer. With a spoon, create evenly spaced circular indents in the mashed potatoes.
16. Bake uncovered for 30 to 35 minutes.
17. After 30 minutes, once mashed potatoes begin to brown, remove dish from the oven. Drizzle each indent with melted butter and top with grated parmesan cheese, if desired.
18. Return to oven for 5 more minutes.
19. Remove and allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley and serve.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!